Young basketball players can sign up in San Antonio and Austin.
SAN ANTONIO — Prepare the kids for a summer filled with basketball lessons from some of the best players in the NBA.
The Spurs Sports Academy has announced it is inviting young athletes to register for camps in San Antonio and Austin.
There will be a competitive basketball learning experience that is ideal for children who want to learn the basics of basketball or are looking to improve their skills.
Registration is now open at spurssportsacademy.com/summercamps.
The camps are open to children ages 6 to 18 and will help athletes hone their basketball skills while experiencing Spurs everyday values and character development conversations.
Some Spurs summer basketball camps include special guest appearances with a Spurs player, Spurs assistant coach, former player, or Coyote. As part of registration, each attendee will receive a commemorative Spurs Camp team Memory Mate: an 8×10 photo of the athlete with a Spurs championship trophy and the Spurs camp team.
The camps offer a variety of options (six) for those interested in enrolling.
- Coyote Camp introduces the game of basketball in a competitive and fun environment for beginner boys and girls, ages 6 to 12
- Spurs Player Camp focuses on building a strong foundation in developing basketball and play skills for boys and girls, ages 6 to 13
- All Girls Camp is a positive environment where every girl can realize her full potential. This camp includes skills training and small-court games for rising young basketball athletes, ages 9-18
- Skills Training Camp helps athletes develop world-class skills in a competitive environment. Coaches will teach how great players think, practice, and play through focused skill training, team play, and daily leadership and character development training for campers, ages 7-18
- Spurs Skills Training Camp Feature Shoot 360 is an immersive basketball experience that combines in-person skill development with digital gamification and virtual competition. Shoot 360 helps measure proficiency with proprietary technology and track progress on the Shoot 360 mobile app for campers ages 9-14
- Spurs Overnight Camp offers the ultimate basketball camp experience, offering high-level competition and intense skills work for boys and girls, ages 10-18
These fields have been instrumental in the development of players on and off the field.
During the season, Spurs guard Tre Jones hosted a camp last season and spoke about the values he provided for himself and others.
You can hear the shoes squeak, you can hear how horny they’re getting and all that,” Jones said. It brings back many memories of being a kid again and going to whatever camp or workout it was at night.